North Marston Parish Council (NMPC) bought the field back in 1936 to provide its residents with a place for recreational use. The field fell into disrepair about twenty years ago and had been used primarily to graze sheep together with the odd village event until an ambitious re-development project began in earnest late 2006.
A project team, reporting into the Parish Council raised over £250,000 between 2006 and 2013 through grant funding, donations and by organising a variety of fund raising events and activities.
Over eight years lots of people from North Marston and Granborough gave up hours of their time to help with various jobs, fund raising and project management.
Please click on this link for North Marston & Granborough Sportsfield